my Beats, my Bytes ...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hardcore carnivore, forced to be a Herbivore.

Fish, Frogs, Pigs, Chicken, Cows!!! I love them all, they taste so very goooodd. Well, I am a perfect goenkar who likes to be called and treated as a total non-veg person and expects to be served all non-veg stuff whenever possible. But things are really not going fine for me over the past few months, cant really understand whether the so called starts of luck have stopped twinkling or they are hidden by some dark clouds or have they just forgotten how to twinkle ??? (Hope this is not true)

It was in last July that I happen to fall sick, jaundice to be precise and when I finally recovered and was leaving the hospital I made this big mistake of asking the doctor whether I should control my diet, he replied with a innocent smile, Keep it Veg. At this moment I cud feel the ground beneath my feet letting loose and the skies breaking and crushing on my head. Why the hell did I ask him this question ??? I was quick to repent. But sadly for me and myself, it was nothing else but just the boiled vegetables there after.

Vegetables are actually not bad (still convincing myself about it) but cant help this taste of mine (kambakt manta hi nahin). The six months of controlled diet (only Bhaji pallo) after jaundice was like 60 years in hell and when it was time to attack nonveg and cool down all my anger on veg food, it was the next thing waiting in line. My internship program, and the only bad thing about it is the "PURE VEG" food policy of the company. Believe me this is the only bad thing in this place. But I still don’t understand why it had to be with the food again. Hey Bhagvan, kis galti ki sazza de rahe ho ? And believe me, the caterers here make BHAJJI of almost anything, they don’t spare any plants I guess, God will surely punish them for that.

Food (of choice please), clothing and shelter are our basic needs, but why am I not getting it ??? Sometimes I feel like screaming in the cafeteria when I look at the food, but don’t know what to exactly say while screaming. I think I should say, common man we are in Goa, at least show me the Fishhhh !!! The caterers are still alive just because its illegal to kill people.

But at second thoughts I do believe that I am being prepared for the bigger challenge, because if I move out of Goa then its gonna be more worse for me. As one friend of mine mentioned about the food in Bangalore (fish in particular) that its not that good over there, he added that even their bangdo looks like a typical south Indian person (no offence please). But such days for me are yet to come and I am just fed up of this veg food, cant really continue like this. I guess not even the Goans under the Portuguese suffered such torture. Slowly and steadily I can sense myself developing a phobia towards this thing called lunch. Thank god I can at least have my dinner at home.

The past few months are experiencing a sad story of a hardcore carnivore, a person who had lots of fish and meat, who is now being pulled in this world of herbivores. When it comes to food life's not fair any more. But atleast in Goa let me be served non-veg food, because when i am served veg food i can feel my mind saying with a lot of twinge Zaainah rė patrăo…



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

written like a true non veggie :)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home